On May 29th, 1890, Psi Chapter formed at the University of Wisconsin at Madison. Four months later, Psi rented a chapter house, the first on campus. In 1897, Psi hosted Grand Convention in Madison and arranged to hold the Convention’s business sessions in the Senate Chamber of the Wisconsin State Capitol.
Fast forward to the spring of 2015, almost 300 Psi alumnae joined us for our celebration and remembrance of 125 years of sisterhood--spanning generations.
Thetas have always been involved in the community, from May Pole Dances on Bascom, Military Balls, Homecoming, Winter Carnivals to Humorology.
In 1917 during WWI, Psi Thetas joined other campus sororities, and together raised over $5,000 in war bonds (equivalent to $80,000+ today). We’ve held such events as Military Proms, Walk-A-Thons, Cues for CASA, Kicks for CASA, 5KAT, KAT@Bat, Kappa Alpha Queso, CASAdillas, etc.
Our current house at 108 Langdon is home to 33 Thetas each academic year, and has been our home since our move in 1972. With eleven singles, six doubles, two triples, and a quad, the house offers a variety of accommodations for the group of women who choose to live in it. Positioned off of Langdon on Lake Mendota, we continuously get to live in one of the most beautiful lakeside mansions--with incredible views, of course (peep the homepage).